Digital Marketing Services Policy
WE CATEGORISE INFORMATION ABOUT YOU (COLLECTIVELY REFERRED TO AS “PERSONAL INFORMATION”) AS FOLLOWS:
Profiling Information: Information which you provide when you register for a service, which may include some or all of the following: – Information about your personal identity such as gender, marital status, age, preferences, likes and dislikes etc.; Your financial information such as your banking details and any information relating to your income and lifestyle levels; and Your contact details such as your physical addresses, postal addresses, telephone and fax numbers and the like. In the case of Facebook aligned services (if so opted by you), profiling information will include publicly available information of your friends, their likes and dislikes, etc.
Payment and Account Information: Your account history with us including (without limitation) all billing information and communications, payment history etc. We maintain this data in an encrypted form on secure servers.
Service Usage: Information about your navigation using our services, for example, the URLs of websites you visit and from which you request downloads.
Log information: Information such as your web request, IP address, browser type, browser language, date and time of the request.
Transactional Information: Transactional history (other than banking details) about your eCommerce activities.
Correspondence Information: Content, information about your correspondents, and the destination/origin of communications between you and any other person using our services, which include email communications, blog, chat room, and discussion board communications, instant message communications, experts forum communications, fax mail communications, membership of mailing lists etc.
User IDs: Your usernames, passwords, email addresses and other security-related information used by you in relation to our services.
Stored Information: Data either created by you or by a third-party which you wish to store on our servers such as image files, documents etc.
WE ONLY COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION TO CONDUCT OUR BUSINESS AND TO ENABLE US TO DELIVER AND IMPROVE OUR SERVICES. WE DO NOT, FOR ANY REASON WHATSOEVER, SELL YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION TO ANY THIRD PARTY OR OTHERWISE TRADE ON IT.
2.Right To Collect
2.1 WE COLLECT AND STORE YOUR SERVICE USAGE AND TRANSACTIONAL INFORMATION TO:
- Determine and verify the service charges payable by you and to administer our relationship with you
- Comply with any statutory or regulatory requirement
- Compile statistical and demographic profiles about you for our business and marketing activities and to customize our services to you. While we are entitled to use such information about you for our own internal business purposes without limitation, we will only disclose it in an aggregated form which is not capable of being used or interpreted in such a manner as to identify you
- Monitor your use of our services for the purpose of ensuring compliance with our Terms of Service
- Max D reserves the right to send promotional messages to your registered mobile number and email id. If you wish to opt out of such messages, you can unsubscribe using the unsubscribe link provided in the message or mail.
2.3 We Collect And Store Your Correspondence Information And Personal Identifiers To:
- Comply with our obligations under the law; and
- Monitor your use of our services in order to ensure your compliance with our Terms of Service. Any Personal Information which we collect and which we may use in an aggregated format ensuring you are not individually identified is our property. We may use it, in our sole discretion and without any compensation to you, for any legitimate purpose including (without limitation) the commercial sale thereof to third parties. Sometimes we use “cookies” so that we can provide you with more customized information when you return to our website. “Cookies” are used to store user preferences and to track user trends, so as to enhance your interactive experience and generally improve our services to you. You can set your browser to notify you when you are sent a “cookie”, giving you the chance to decide whether or not to accept it. If you do accept a “cookie”, you thereby agree to our use of any Personal Information collected by us using that cookie. You may update your Profiling Information at any time on the website. You may acknowledge and agree that in the interests of improving personalisation and service efficiency, we may, under controlled and secure circumstances, share your Personal Information with our affiliates (an entity which is our subsidiary or holding company or a subsidiary of our holding company or an entity which controls, is controlled by or is under common control with us).
If we are required to intercept, disclose, monitor and/or store your Personal Information:
- By law;
- To conduct our business;
- To secure our systems; or
- To enforce our own rights, we will do so in the manner as prescribed by law.
Such interception, disclosure, monitoring, and storage may take place without your knowledge. In that case, we will not be liable to you or any third party for any damages however arising from such interception, disclosure, monitoring and storage. In order to ensure that all our Users comply with the Terms of Service, we may monitor your Personal Information to the extent that this may be required to determine compliance and/or to identify instances of non-compliance. To ensure that the security and integrity of our services are safeguarded, we may monitor your Personal Information. This monitoring may include (without limitation) the filtering of incoming and outgoing electronic data messages to identify, limit and/or prevent the transmission of spam, viruses and/or unlawful, defamatory, obscene or otherwise undesirable material or content. We may under certain circumstances procure an element of the services from a third party service provider. To the extent that it may be necessary, and solely for the purposes of providing the service to you, you agree that we may disclose to such third parties any of your Personal Information that may be necessary for the procurement of services from the third party.
Once a payment or deposit is made, it is non-refundable. We do not offer refunds on deposits or payments for projects that are abandoned. All digital marketing packages are including SEO and Social Media are not refundable. We do not offer any refund for services already delivered.No payment will be refunded once an initial draft is provided. There are no partial refunds for projects mid-way through a milestone phase. Web design and development demand extensive resources and incur internal expenses. Therefore once a payment or deposit is made, it is non-refundable. Payment for hosting is non-refundable. There is no refund or money-back guarantee for the services that have already been delivered. Clients cannot claim the same for any of the transaction charges.